BA (Psychology); Hons; Masters of Clinical Psychology; MAPS; CCLP
Availability: Wednesdays 8.30-5.30pm
Gaby’s aim is to empower her clients to live life more freely and fully. She has a depth and breadth of professional and life experience which enables her to empathise with the struggles of her clients, to help them identify what is important to them and to assist with lightening their load.
She adapts her therapeutic approach to suit the needs of each individual she sees, drawing on the latest science from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), research on Compassion and Mindfulness, together with Positive Psychology and Interpersonal Therapy. Above all, she values the relationship she has with her clients and respects their need to work through issues at their own pace.
For more information about Gaby’s practice and background, please visit her personal website www.theeatingpsychologist.com
Areas of expertise include:
- Weight issues
- Overeating, emotional and compulsive eating
- Chronic dieting
- Binge eating and bulimia
- Body image and self-esteem challenges
- Self-care and healthy habits
- Life coaching
- Adjusting to life’s difficulties
- Stress and Burnout
- Health related difficulties
- Master of Clinical Psychology, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Bachelor of Arts Honours (Psychology), University of Port Elizabeth, South Africa
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology and Sociology), University of Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Professional Registrations and Memberships
- General registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Member of the APS Clinical College
- Member of the APS Psychology of Eating, Weight and Body-Image Interest Group
Additional Professional Training
- Certification as an Eating Psychology Coach with the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, Boulder, Colorado
- STAP-accredited Supervisor for Registered and Clinical Psychologists in Australia
Would you like to Book An Appointment with Gaby?
Send us an Email or give us a call to let us know, our friendly staff would be glad to help to hear from you.