Thursdays 8.30am – 5.30pm.
Richard Bunker is a clinical psychologist who is experienced in treating mental health disorders such as Depression, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Anxiety, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). He has been practicing since 2013 and has worked in both public and private sectors. He holds a Bachelor of Psychological Science with Honors and Master of Clinical Psychology which he obtained from the prestigious School of Psychology at the University of Queensland. He is an associate member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
Whilst Richard offers a range of psychological therapies, he has undergone extensive training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and has been supervised by leading national and international experts in ACT.
He is most known for his work in the treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and has received specialist supervision and training to effectively treat these common yet debilitating psychological problems. He has extensive experience in delivering Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) to treat OCD; and Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE) to treat PTSD. He receives ongoing clinical supervision and attends professional development workshops to ensure that he is up-to-date with the best practices and standards of psychological care.
Richard has a keen interest in building a strong therapeutic alliance and will work hard to make sure his clients meet their goals for therapy. He is calm, non-judgmental and takes a strengths-based approach. Richard views his clients as fully capable of making positive change even in the most challenging contexts.
Richard provides psychological therapy to adolescents (12 – 18), adults, and older adults. Richard is passionate about supporting his fellow members of the LGBTIQ+ community 🏳️🌈, and is a sex & kink positive therapist. Above all else, Richard ensures that he provides a safe, sensitive, and shame-free therapy experience for all of his clients.
Areas of Expertise
• Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – all subtypes: sexual, groinal response, violent, harm, contamination, pure O, pOCD, hOCD, rOCD, NJREs etc…
• Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – both single incident and complex trauma.
• Social Rejection/Isolation
• Internalised homophobia
• Shame-based problems
• Mixed Anxiety & Depression
• Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
• Emetophobia (Vomit Phobia)
• Specific Phobia
• Social Anxiety Disorder (Social Phobia)
• Panic Disorder
• Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
• Adjustment Disorder
• Substance Use Disorder
Psychological Therapies Offered:
• Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
• Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy (ERP) for OCD
• Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PE) for PTSD
• Cognitive & Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
• Brief Psychodynamic Therapy
• Schema Therapy