About the Brisbane ACT CentreQueensland's Centre of Excellence for Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Ease Suffering, Engage Strengths, Increase Open, Valued Living and Set Achievable Goals
We are Queensland’s first Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT – spoken as one word) centre, located centrally in Brisbane in Milton just off Coronation Drive with plenty of on site parking.
Have you tried hard to be happier — and found it just wasn’t that easy?
If so, you aren’t alone. Pretty much all of us will struggle with unwanted and uncomfortable mental experiences in the form of difficult thoughts, feelings and memories at some stage in our life. Unfortunately commonplace notions of happiness are misleading, inaccurate, and can even make you miserable. For example, modern research suggests positive thinking often does NOT work – and that positive affirmations can even make many people feel worse.
Using cutting edge science to create a strong foundation, ACT provides a new, research backed perspective on how to manage difficult thoughts, feelings and experiences.. ACT skills help you cultivate long-lasting healthy vitality and well-being through mindfulness and values-guided action.
We have gathered a team of compassionate and skilled ACT therapists who will expertly help you overcome your struggles with painful thoughts and feelings, and help you build a more rich, full and personally meaningful life. Each therapist has been hand picked for their expertise, compassion and warmth to best guide you in developing these skills.Our ACT therapists teach simple, scientifically proven life skills to help you more effectively handle difficult thoughts and feelings. We offer unique collaborative care between you and your therapist with an emphasis on ongoing learning at a pace that works for you.
We take the time to learn what you really care about. We help you take purposeful life steps each and every day. Our counselling emphasises effective, valued ACTion.
Brisbane ACT Centre’s Team of Therapists Include Highly Experienced:
- Social workers
- Occupational Therapists
All extensively trained and with a personal and professional passion for ACT – the most modern, well-researched, mindfulness and compassion focussed of the cognitive behavioural therapies. ACT is best described as a “contextual cognitive behaviour therapy”.
Why Choose Therapy at the Brisbane ACT Centre?
- We practice what we preach – being centred, open, and engaged with YOU
- Caring, sensitive, warm, safe, compassionate therapy at your pace
- Unique collaborative care – our many practitioners value ongoing learning
- Expert psychiatrist ACT therapists – easy access to medication advice
- No need for Mental Health Care Plan /diagnosis – simple GP referral
- Proactive contact with your GP using Medical Objects – encrypted email
- Cutting edge therapy embracing positive psychology and mindfulness
- We share a personal and professional passion – improving YOUR life!
Our Purpose Designed Centre Offers You:
- Fantastic central location, easy and free parking
- Comfortable, safe and soundproofed rooms
- Medical Objects, secure encrypted emailing to your GP
- Active email policy connecting YOU to us
- Mobile and online resources to build skills
- Groups and after hours sessions available
- Easy road, bus and train access